Job Profile: Digital Product Lead
Location: Flexible, with work hours occurring on ET
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Status: Full-time, exempt
Interested applicants, please reach out to email@example.com.
data.org is a platform for partnerships to build the field of data science for social impact. We envision a world that uses the power of data science to tackle society’s greatest challenges. We work with organizations from all over the world to increase the use of data science in order to improve the lives of millions of people.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Digital Product Lead is a key member of a newly formed high-performing team accountable for the definition and success of the website/digital product at data.org. data.org, as a platform for partnerships, will connect, convene, and catalyze different kinds of organizations and individuals, and this core tenet will be a key underpinning of the product strategy.
The Digital Product Lead will define product-related KPIs and manage work to continually improve against them. The role is responsible for gathering and synthesizing market research, usage data, tracking ongoing product performance, collecting and analyzing user feedback, and using this data to define feature development and refinement. This individual will own the data.org product strategy and roadmap and ensure effective communication and tactical day-to-day product management for the website/digital product.
This is a strong individual contributor role that works collaboratively across the data.org and its partner and stakeholder organizations. Ability to lead by influence is vital.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 – $125,000 annually and includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Own website/digital product strategy from idea generation through execution and measurement, making sure the product strategy aligns with and helps deliver the overall organizational strategy
- Align with leadership to define and prioritize the product backlog according to business and execution strategy
- As part of Marketing, define and deliver features to ensure we are reaching core audiences including Social Impact Organization professionals, philanthropy, technology partners, and the data science for social impact (DSSI) community
- Identify opportunities to improve service quality, efficiency, and effectiveness for these Audiences
- Lead cross-functional business planning and stakeholder updates for select website/digital product initiatives
- Split projects into relevant milestones and deliver value iteratively
- Prioritize feature development in order to achieve organizational goals
- Identify user needs, build mechanisms for gathering user feedback, and ensure insights guide product decisions
- Develop operational efficiency including documenting, simplifying, and optimizing relevant user flows
METRICS AND PERFORMANCE
- Identify KPIs and metrics of success critical to evolving the website/digital product
- Report updates on performance, including traffic, conversion, and referral; proactively identify opportunities to optimize and improve
- Report regularly on results of A/B tests, iterations and progress toward Minimum Viable Product or other development goals
- Regularly contribute to reporting and discussion
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 5+ years of product management experience for websites or digital products
- Track record of building high-impact user features for acquisition, findability and/or user engagement
- Strong grasp of product life cycle, from concept to design, development, deployment, optimization and maintenance
- Experience working with agile teams and frameworks (scrum and/or Kanban) and prioritizing features/activity for product management and tech teams
- Experience working with complex content workflows
- Hands-on digital analytics experience, including KPI definition and ongoing measurement.
- Experience setting up and analyzing A/B tests and user feedback
- Motivation to work in startup environment, balancing the need of the product with the need to shift and evolve as the organization develops
- Fundamental project management skills and competency
- Experience managing teams or outside consultants a plus
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strategic mindset paired with strong execution skills
- Ability to engage at the level of sophistication expected by our partners, while retaining the flexibility required of a startup
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop trusted relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate about constant improvement and designing high-quality user experiences
- Data and results orientation: uses facts and analytics to drive decisions
- Advocate for raising the bar when it comes to user experience and product implementation
- Out-of-the-box thinker to bypass technical limitations or complexity and improve speed to market
- Demonstrated work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to self-manage
data.org is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.